Purpose of committee
Cabinet is the part of the Council which is responsible for most
Cabinet consists of the Leader of the Council and eight Councillors appointed by the Leader.
When major decisions are to be
discussed or made, these are published in the Cabinet's Forward
Plan in so far as they can be anticipated. If these decisions are
to be discussed with council officers at a meeting of the Cabinet,
this will generally be open for the public to attend except where
personal or confidential matters are being discussed.
The Cabinet has to make decisions which are in line with the Council's overall policies and budget. If it wishes to make a decision which is outside the Budget or Policy Framework, this must be referred to the Council as a whole to decide.
There are circumstances in which Cabinet Members may make individual executive decisions and these are set out in an advice note to members, together with the procedure to be followed.
- Councillor Rowena Hay Leader of the Council
- Councillor Victoria Atherstone Cabinet Member Economy and Development
- Councillor Flo Clucas Cabinet Member Healthy Lifestyles
- Councillor Chris Coleman Cabinet Member Clean and Green Environment
- Councillor Alex Hegenbarth Cabinet Member Corporate Services
- Councillor Peter Jeffries Cabinet Member Housing
- Councillor Steve Jordan Cabinet Member Finance and Assets
- Councillor Andrew McKinlay Cabinet Member Cyber and Safety
- Councillor Max Wilkinson Cabinet Member Climate and Communities
Support officer: Harry Mayo, Democracy Officer.
Phone: 01242 264211