Purpose of committee
Cabinet is the part of the Council which is responsible for most
Cabinet consists of the Leader of the Council and eight Councillors appointed by the Leader.
When major decisions are to be
discussed or made, these are published in the Cabinet's Forward
Plan in so far as they can be anticipated. If these decisions are
to be discussed with council officers at a meeting of the Cabinet,
this will generally be open for the public to attend except where
personal or confidential matters are being discussed.
The Cabinet has to make decisions which are in line with the Council's overall policies and budget. If it wishes to make a decision which is outside the Budget or Policy Framework, this must be referred to the Council as a whole to decide.
There are circumstances in which Cabinet Members may make individual executive decisions and these are set out in an advice note to members, together with the procedure to be followed.
Public questions can be asked at meetings of the Cabinet provided that they meet the criteria and are received by 12 noon on the seventh working day before the day of the meeting. More information can be found on our public questions page.
- Councillor Rowena Hay Leader of the Council
- Councillor Peter Jeffries Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member Finance & Assets
- Councillor Victoria Atherstone Cabinet Member Housing
- Councillor Flo Clucas Cabinet Member Safety & Communities
- Councillor Mike Collins Cabinet Member Cyber, Regeneration and Commercial Income
- Councillor Iain Dobie Cabinet Member Waste, Recycling & Street Services
- Councillor Martin Horwood Cabinet Member Customer & Regulatory Services
- Councillor Alisha Lewis Cabinet Member Climate Emergency
- Councillor Max Wilkinson Cabinet Member Economic Development, Culture, Tourism and Wellbeing
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01242 264246