To approve the award of grant funding for the Cheltenham Health and Wellbeing fund
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member Economic Development, Culture, Tourism & Wellbeing
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cheltenham Health and Wellbeing fund used funding allocated to the council from the Gloucestershire NHS Integrated Care Board to support community-based projects that will help improve the health and wellbeing of local residents and the communities they live in.
The allocation of the grants was made via an application process and applications were assessed via panel made up of members of the Cheltenham Integrated Locality Partnership.
The assessment process is now complete.
- To approve the award of grant funding for the Cheltenham Health and Wellbeing fund as set out as set out below
- To enter into project agreements with the grant recipients
Reasons for the decision:
From the funding allocated to Cheltenham Borough Council from the Gloucestershire NHS Integrated Care Board, it was agreed that a pot of funding worth initially £100k be created that community-based projects could bid into.
Through working with the Cheltenham ILP, we agreed the following priorities for the grants:
- Support individuals or communities that are facing health inequalities that are likely to have been exacerbated by the pandemic and/or the cost of living crisis
- Enable communities to take an active role in improving their health and wellbeing both physically and emotionally
- Encourage people to adopt active and healthy lifestyles
- Deliver strengths-based wellbeing activities that enable people to re-connect with their communities
- Help people to take more responsibility for their health and wellbeing
The application process opened on 1 September 2022 and closed on 31 October 2022.
In total 54 applications were received that were seeking a total of £354k worth of funding.
The assessment of the bids was undertaken by:
- Head of Locality Development - NHS Gloucestershire
- Locality Manager for Cheltenham ILP/Localities - NHS Gloucestershire
- GP Berkeley Place surgery and Chair of Cheltenham ILP
- Head of communities, wellbeing & partnerships – CBC
The panel met several time to complete the assessment process and the final are attached as appendix A
Alternative options considered:
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Members of the Cheltenham ILP
Contact: Richard Gibson, Head of Communities, Wellbeing and Partnerships Email: [email protected].
Publication date: 29/03/2023
Date of decision: 29/03/2023
Effective from: 06/04/2023