To amend the Additional Restrictions - Discretionary Business Grant Scheme for round 4 of applications
Decision Maker: Executive Director – Finance and Assets - Paul Jones
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Reasons for the decision:
The Government provided Additional Restrictions Grant Funding in November 2020 for Councils to design their own grant schemes for businesses severely impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic.
On 17 November 2021 Cabinet approved The Additional Restrictions - Discretionary Business Grant Scheme and authorised the Cabinet Member Finance and Assets to make changes to the scheme to ensure its successful operation. Cabinet also authorised the Executive Director Finance and Assets, in consultation with the Cabinet Member Finance and Assets to add further categories to the scheme.
The scheme is being updated for the second round of applications and awards to:
· Confirm round 4
· Update section 2 to confirm the grant award period and application window for round 4 of the scheme
· Amend the eligibility criteria for category 1, 4,6 and 7
· Confirm that grant levels will be determined once all application are received and assessed
· Confirm categories 2,3,5,8, and 9 cease to apply for round 4
· Add category 10 for round 4
Alternative options considered:
Other reasons / organisations consulted
To make changes to the scheme to ensure that it operates successfully for round 4.
Cabinet Member Finance and Assets
Contact: Paul Jones, Executive Director-Finance and Assets 01242 264365 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 04/05/2021
Date of decision: 30/04/2021