Amend the Additional Restrictions - Discretionary Business Grant Scheme for round 2 of applications
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member Finance and Assets
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Reasons for the decision:
The Government provided Additional Restrictions Grant Funding in November 2020 for Councils to design their own grant schemes for businesses severely impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic.
On 17 November 2021 Cabinet approved the Additional Restrictions - Discretionary Business Grant Scheme and authorised the Cabinet Member Finance and Assets to make changes to the scheme to ensure its successful operation. Cabinet also authorised the Executive Director Finance and Assets, in consultation with the Cabinet Member Finance and Assets to add further categories to the scheme.
The scheme is being updated for the second round of applications and awards to:
· Change specific references to eligibility dates and grant award periods for the November 2020 lockdown period
· Confirm round 2
· Insert section 2 to confirm the grant award period and application window for round 2 of the scheme and allow for subsequent rounds and grant award periods to be added
· Expanded the eligibility criteria for categories 1 to 6 so that certain businesses aren’t unfairly excluded
· Amend the grant award levels to reflect the grant award period
· Add additional categories 7 and 8 for round 2
Alternative options considered:
Other reasons / organisations consulted
To make changes to the scheme so that to ensure it operates successfully post November 2020 lockdown and add categories to provide some business support to businesses without business premises that are severely impacted by restrictions due the coronavirus pandemic.
Consultation with the Executive Director Finance and Assets
Contact: Paul Jones, Executive Director-Finance and Assets 01242 264365 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: 15/02/2021
Date of decision: 12/02/2021
Effective from: 23/02/2021